Charitable Donations 2022 Per IRS
Copied from the IRS website.
Please contact your tax professional for clarification.
2022 IRS link: https://www.irs.gov/charities-non-profits/charitable-organizations
Most cash donations made to charity qualify for the deduction. However, there are some exceptions. Cash contributions that are not tax deductible include those:
- Made to a supporting organization
- Intended to help establish or maintain a donor advised fund
- Carried forward from prior years
- Made to most private foundations
- Made to charitable remainder trusts