How do I consign items?
- Please submit photos of large pieces of furniture via email or in person for pre-approval. Smaller items may be brought in anytime during Monday - Saturday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Please see below for a list of the items we accept and the qualifications they must meet.
- Once pre-approved, bring item(s) in any day and time Monday - Saturday 10AM to 5PM. Please bring to “muscle” to unload heavy, bulky items. Our loading dock is on 9th St. between Main and Washington St. View our FAQ page for a list of movers.
- You’ll receive an email detailing the prices we've given your items valued over $25. Consignors receive 50% of the final sale price.
- We have a 90-day consignment period. Prices will be reduced by 15% on the 46th day. After 90 days, you have the option to donate your items to Divine Consign Furniture (501(c)3 or pick them up.
- Items must be current styles, clean and gently used. No damage, smoke or pet hair. We cannot repair or clean furniture. If your items have been in storage, please clean/dust them so that we are able to stage them immediately. Items that are dirty, dusty or broken will be not be accepted.
We strive to keep our inventory current and updated with a quick turnover. If you are in doubt about any items you would like to consign, please contact us for clarity. We do make exceptions on a case-by-case basis.
How do I donate items?
- Donating has the same as guidelines as consigning.
- You may donate your items with the proceeds going to Divine Consign Furniture, 50l(c)3 OR you may designate a nonprofit to receive the proceeds.
What kind of items are you looking for?We accept couches, love seats, chairs, dining sets, buffets, small desks, lamps, decorative items, mirrors, and artwork. Bed headboards, full dish sets, and vintage/antiques items are accepted on a case-by-case basis. Please give us a call, we'd love to talk with you. Consigned or donated home furnishings and accessories must be current, clean, and gently-used. No damage, smoke or pet hair. We cannot repair or clean furniture. If your items have been in storage, please make sure they are clean and dusted so that we are able to showcase them immediately. Items that are damaged, dusty or worn will not be accepted and you will be asked to pick them up. We strive to keep our inventory current and updated with furnishings that our customers love to buy. To get an idea about the kinds of items we are looking for view our showroom.
What items do you not accept?
We cannot accept mattresses or box springs, baby furniture, pots, pans, kitchenware appliances, tea cups/saucers, small figurines, sewing machines, entertainment centers, TV armoire, sporting or gym equipment.
Bed headboards, dishes, and vintage/antique items are accepted on a case-by-case basis.
When do I get paid?
Checks are issued twice a month. We will call or email you when you have a check ready for pick up at the store. If you would prefer to have your check(s) mailed, please provide self-addressed stamped envelopes and we will happily mail them to you.
I would like to consign an item, but do not have the resources to drop off larger items myself. What should I do?
Here is our list of trusted moving resources. Call for availability and quote.
- NW Furniture Bank: firstname.lastname@example.org | 360-787-7144
- Dealers Installation Service, Rene Lopez: 541-221-2128 | email@example.com
- A Team Moving, Daniel Bolman: 360-836-7735 | Ateam98685@gmail.com
- ANC Movers: Peter@ANCMovers.com | 360-904-2441
- Pick Up Now: https://pickupnow.com/ | 800-560-2168
Does Divine Consign accept financial donations?
Yes, we are grateful for the generosity of those who chose to donate financially. Click here to donate.
Where does the money go that Divine Consign makes?
Proceeds from the sale of furniture, clothing, and home decor are awarded in community grants for selected Clark County nonprofits. We open our grant selection process in May and award the grants in June.